FOAM Use case and adoption

Hello Admins,

I have been following the blockchain space for quite some time and understand different blockchains/DLT/Graph solutions out there. TO be hones I am quite impressed with the team that is currently displayed on your website and given this project has been in works for almost 3 years if not more but why it struggles to find its adoption?

Why there’s no real usage out there yet? Also, this make sense that team had chosen ethereum, may be that was the only public blockchain available back then but given the low transaction, high gas fees, low throughput, high latency limitations of ethereum - are there any plans to migrate to a different chain or may be to some DLT solution like Radix ?

Your twitter handle do post updated but those are not regular. Also, the telegram channel is missing.

The whitepaper says I can earn FOAM tokens by providing places of interest or basically contributing to the foam maps(either adding places or verifying exiting places etc.) Is there any documentation that explains the process for an average user ?

Thanks!

Admins - Can you please share any update or your opinion on this?

Hello Admins,

Is this forum dead or the admins don’t care to respond to user’s query ? It’s weird the telegram group has also been muted and only few announcements made there… No update in terms of partnership or any updated roadmap. THe whitepaper on github still shows draft version. Can someone please provide full transparency ?

Admin/Team,

Can someone please update about the current development and possibly 3-6 months priorities? The twitter post only seems like a news here and there but doesn’t give clear picture about what’s planned for this year or next 6 months? Any insight about adoption? Partnership etc…

I understand it was holiday season and people take time off to recharge/rejuventate, spend time with family but I believe folks should have start resuming to work but so far no-one has shown any consideration to update the community.

Not sure team/admin is ignoring or they don’t see it as anymore important? Is this how you’re gonna keep the community?

Happy Friday Guys…

Is there any presentation or something from the recent conference with the European government ? Also, it would be really good if team can provide some update and what’s lined up for this year.

The Telegram channel is locked for the community and hardly any updates either via Twitter handle or the telegram channel. It leaves most of the folks guessing as this project is promising but it’s sad that the team/admin doesn’t think it’s important to provide some insights from the dev standpoint.

The pdf and recording has been published by the organizers, in case some of you are interested to have a look.

@Ryan_foam / @Katya_Zavyalova - Why you guys are hesitant to provide some dev updates and the things that you have planned for this year? Would be greatly appreciated if you can hire the marketing manager and also give importance to build the community for FOAM. Thanks!

I feel like team is under some kind of NDA or something… even they want to share some update they just can’t. There’s so much development going on behind the scenes but very rare update that too from other sources. May be Verizon doesn’t want them to disclose details as part of newlab initiative. Just my thought… :frowning:

Hey @Ryan_foam/Admins,

Is there any dev update you wanna share with the team? There’s no official communication out since Dec last year about the custom hardware, when will they be available, so that folks can participate being the zone anchor.

Furthermore, one of your lead developer Zavya(katya_zavyalova), her username doesn’t show up anymore here. What’s going on ? Please update the community!