Got RpcError with code: `-32603` and message: `"Error: Error: No keyring found for the requested account."`

Hi to all

I have run the tutoral on how to pair my ethereum wallet with the metamask, on the last step where I confirm the linking and I have the following error.

But then when I am trying to confirm I have the following error

Got RpcError with code: -32603 and message: "Error: Error: No keyring found for the requested account."

I tought it was something related to chrome in linux using the keyring, and I have tried again using the chrome flag

/usr/bin/google-chrome --password-store

I am using metamask 5.0.2 and chrome on 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Could anyone indicate me what is the reason of the error, or if this is a bug

Thank you

Hey @dovtov , I’ve removed the TX ID because that can be linked back to your accounts.

Did you check on the USB Permissions? And enable browser support on your hardware wallet?

If you don’t mind could you send an email in to support@foam.space with the relevant details (I.e wallet addresses and hardware wallet you are using) ? Thank you!

Hi @Daryl_Foam

Thank you for taking care of removing TX ID (newbie here). I am not using a hardware wallet only my desktop wallet

In Firefox it worked properly and with no issues I believe this is a problem specific of Chrome on linux since it tries to use the operating system’s keyring. I am reporting this to the metamask team, and then send the information to the support.

Thank you

For follow up here is the ticket in metamask: https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/issues/5778

Thanks for the update, great to hear it works on Firefox and thanks for being proactive and reporting it to Metamask, will be following that thread!