More Informational and Social Media Output Needed

As usual, the last update was Ryan! However, I will suggest FOAM puts out more updates - even for the little things. I’ve never described FOAM to anyone who didn’t like it but most of the crypto community haven’t heard about it.

Given the nascent bull market we find ourselves in now, it would be a good idea to shine the spotlight on FOAM a little more. FOAM’s Discourse, Medium, and Twitter output are close to nil lately. This explains why the community here in Discourse - which use to be vibrant and excited - is all but gone. If the FOAM team isn’t excited about FOAM, why should the community be? And if the FOAM team is excited about FOAM, why don’t we see it?

Avid FOAM community members know I hold the FOAM token and the cynical might suggest this is self-serving but I am not here for pure speculation. If I was, I would’ve checked out a long time ago. I have not nor do I intend to sell anytime soon. All of my tokens are staked on the map Dapp one way or the other.

That said, an increased token price will provide the team with cashflow to further and hasten research on Zone Anchors so we can begin community testing. The community is hungry for this. See how well Helium, a close analog to FOAM, has done.

I know this is obvious but just thought to mention.
Cheers

+1 couldn’t be more precise

@cryptozen Thanks for the feedback and agreed, we will keep it top of mind going forward. Here is a start on sharing little things in between larger updates :smiley: Today our team was testing a new additional Zone Anchor location on a rooftop farm and running localization experiments on the ground.

https://twitter.com/foamspace/status/1301284177359376384?s=20

HEIC

Thanks Ryan. Appreciate the quick response. This was a good start. I challenge and encourage all of the FOAM community members to be a part of the solution as well. The FOAM team cannot do this all by themselves - it takes a community.

Ryan,
In the spirit of what cryptozen is saying, I too really believe in FOAM and want to know what I can do to help. In the past it was to put POI’s on the map, participate in the challenges, but with gas fee’s high due to all the DeFI and YFI FOMO, it is not feasible. Let us know what we can do to spread the word. If there is any news we can spread via - Twitter, Discord, LinkedIn, Telegram and Facebook let us know and I will be happy to share, endorse. Also if there are articles and stories that we can help write let me know as well. – andy

Great question Andy. I am in as well. What can we do to put the spotlight on FOAM?

I think we start a group on on Twitter very much like the LINK Marines. The focus of the group is to do three things.

1. Highlight all the use cases that will benefit from having a protocol like FOAM up and running for everyone to benefit from.
  2. Write articles on Medium that bring attention to the project
  3. Help the FOAM team develop a token economics model where active participation in putting POI’s on the Map, putting Signals on the Map and participating in articles provides a way to earn FOAM tokens. This has to occur if we want to attract broader attention

If there’s any way I can assist, I’m in…

There is an artist – Kristy Glas that has some very cool NFT’s on the following sites.
http://knownorigin.io/kristyglas http://app.rarible.com/kristyglas http://peakd.com/@kristyglas http://nftshowroom.com/kristyglas http://makersplace.com/kristyglas/

She has a very cool Adventure series. If she can embed a POI location into each new part of the adventure series, It links a fantasy world to a real world and can start a game. We can then ask Tom Badley from Currency Design - www.tombadley.net to produce a set of currencies denominated in FOAM tokens. So now we have the start of a location game, with a currency with some collectible art.

Just trying to develop the ideas. Do not have it fully baked.

Hi all, in addition to continuing to run experiments in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, we have been in the process of upgrading the Zone Anchors to have a more powerful FPGA and merging new localization filters on the software side. After these new PCB boards were soldered and assembled we visited multiple sites to validate they were working correctly with Zone Anchors on stands that can be easily moved and deployed temporarily. We are also working on building new Zones and getting access to more buildings for further validation and contracting a framework that can be replicated by the community.

IMG_1764

IMG_0253

IMG_0130%202

IMG_4680

I think we start a group on on Twitter very much like the LINK Marines. The focus of the group is to do three things.

1. Highlight all the use cases that will benefit from having a protocol like FOAM up and running for everyone to benefit from.
  2. Write articles on Medium that bring attention to the project
  3. Help the FOAM team develop a token economics model where active participation in putting POI’s on the Map, putting Signals on the Map and participating in articles provides a way to earn FOAM tokens. This has to occur if we want to attract broader attention

@AAbranches @cryptozen @MurphSlaw In addition to these great suggestions we could use help from the community in finding and accessing locations for testing FOAM Location. We regularly test mobile Zone Anchors in open locations and have the Brooklyn Navy Yard Zone. It is more of a challenge to obtain access to further sites that mirror real world conditions. This entails getting permission from either four different building owners, that for this stage have visibility to each other or finding a collection of buildings with one owner, such as a University. We are pursuing this but can also benefit from any community driven location scouting!

This also will be laying the foundation for a community “Build a Zone” program to incentivize setting up the very first test Zones and being eligible for FOAM rewards.

For increased decentralization it is pertinent that FOAM is distributed to users and we would like to facilitate this. It can be through retroactive distribution as well as rewards for supplying liquidity to Uniswap while also activating Signal tokens for staking, as @yinzeus was speaking about the needed virtuous circle for the Ethereum / FOAM / Signal ecosystem. Any ideas or feedback on token economics models are very welcome.

Hi Ryan,
Happy to help or at least try. My tentative ideas include…
1/ Talk to friends in NY to see who they may know in real estate. The process already began.
2/ My dear nephew is an NYU student - living in the doms (Manhattan). Not 100% but I think he’ll be amenable to an anchor placed in his room if it makes uncle Paul happy.
I will get back to you on both