What benefits would perfect distribution have?

Would perfect token distribution help the protocol in any technical aspect? Would it help balance the network load? Help secure the large expanse of spacial data?

What is “perfect token distribution”?

I believe the question is what is right amount of FOAM tokens that a normal user of the application would require? Since the FOAM token is an ERC-20 token that is divisible and I believe that over time the amount of FOAM for a task will decrease, as inherent deflation takes hold. At this time POI, have a minimal stake, I would also foresee that decreasing in the future. There may be some interesting economics emerge as long running signals are retired due to excessive valuation. Though at the same time you may also see new Signals for a zone that require MORE FOAM to deploy to draw Zone Anchors to them.

There is a blocktime weight in the Signaling function that favors first movers for a zone. I also have noticed that there is a preponderance of Signals being deployed as if they are the epicenter of the required nodes. While this is the case, we may see more lopsided deployments based on real world requirements (power, internet, antennas etc).

I think there is a motto for Signal deployment, “As soon as possible”, based on the cartographers understanding of the protocol and real world requirements, the Signal should be deployed to establish standing and to notify future zone anchors.

Building instant swap into map through dEX’s such as 0x will eliminate some friction in acquiring the required tokens. It can also facilitate the local economy that Zone anchors establish, and allow FOAM to be used as loyalty points or other indicators of repeat valued customers. More properly this can be a side-chain although I simplify it now.

I assumed the question was what are the benefits of decentralization to the FOAM Protocol. Which is a great question.

In the context of Static Proof of Location on the FOAM Map. The earliest observable benefit that can be seen was perhaps via the Token Sale.

Purchasers are represented in:

• 71 of the 195 countries in the world
  • 25 of the 28 countries in the EU
  • 36 of the 50 states in the US

In accordance to the Token Sale Conditions, those very purchasers would have to create 10 POIs and use a certain % of Tokens. A majority of them chose to place POIs in their home countries and as you can see from this graph, it did eventually build out to a globally distributed POI Placement with about

Top 10 clusters of points of interest

These FOAM Tokens distributed via the Token Sale and staked in those POIs in a way, help secure the first points on the FOAM Map and the challenge mechanic allows cartographers to curate those points. Further, the more points on the map corresponds to a higher number of tokens being staked. This means value us being staked as an assertion of truth to the map.

@yinzeus brought up some great points as well in his take of the question. I like how there’s many different ways to interpret it @Sixophrenia if you could chime in with your thoughts as well that would be great!

sorry. forgot to check back in

I’ve been working on this concept a bit, and I’ve refined how I need to communicate it.
It’s not perfect, but it’s a very effective way of distributing the majority of tokens the masses of people who participate.

Do you mean a fair and mass distribution of a new crypto-asset to all citizens of the world in some sort of Jubilee and utilize Proof of Location to optimize for perfect distribution?

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. it’s a type of “fair” distribution among participants. I wrote a paper on the concept and got it published in the weekly release of the “Cyber Republic”.
maybe i can share the google doc here if that’s okay.

I believe the concept helps with governance because it “forcibly” (via market forces) distributes the token and those tokens can be used for people to collectively vote on things.
Slightly forking the subject, would governance of NFT creation help solidify any type of game or experience in VR/AR?
It’s a bit abstract of a question, I know. I’m trying to find out “what’s gonna sell a particular AR universe over another” and popularize it

Sure you can share the Google Doc here. Would be great for more context in this discussion.

Here it is.
I must warn, it takes a controversial approach to distributing the tokens. It uses a smart contract pyramid scheme. And when people take a loss in the pyramid, that’s used as a multiplier for the “resolve” tokens they are rewarded.
roughly the formula works like this: resolve tokens = input * (input/output)
so people who make a lot of eth from the “pyramid scheme” (maybe just considered a type of perpetual project fund) actually don’t get as many resolve tokens. on the other hand, since most people lose in a pyramid, most people get that multiplier. the way resolve tokens are minted gives them a property that makes them whale resistant. (theoretically)